Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Always Peace on Temple Grounds

 One of my dear friends called me to see if I wanted to go walking on temple square today. After last night, it pretty much was meant to be. We strapped our little babies in the car and went to the temple. Peace, peace, peace. What a wonderful experience for me to walk around and speak of wholesome things with my friend. Janaina is from Brazil. She has a darling accent and has a special spirit with her. I love to be near her (craft with her in the late hours of the night) and just talk. She lifts me up when I'm feeling low. And this particular day was just what I needed. She helped me to understand and remember my potential and how special I am and shared with me a wonderful experience she had in her life about prayer and the song of birds. 

I always think about Jani as a strength for me in my life. She has come helped me do my laundry and cleaned my house (with her two small children in tow). She is always serving me and bringing me up. I'm so grateful for her. But now that I'm thinking a bit more, have I been that same strength for her? Do I lift her up, or am I grouching and complaining while she is encouraging me? Have I gone to her house and helped her with her burdens? 

It's my turn to help her in need. Or anyone for that matter. It's now my goal to be "Jani" for someone else. I hope I am uplifting for her when we are together. If I'm not, I'm going to make it a goal to do so. It's my turn to fold her laundry and bring her up. It's my turn to look out from my own selfishness and help those around me that are struggling and need my support.

Being at the temple is such a spiritual experience for me always. Even just standing on the grounds. I'm so grateful we have a temple so close to us. I need to take advantage of the opportunity more often. I need to recharge and recommit myself so I can help others.   

0 comments: