Monday, January 12, 2015

It Never Fails, January is the Best!

What a crazy year it was in 2014! I'm so happy to be able to start over with a new one. Bring on the goals, schedules, organization, crafting, and more service! I'm excited. January is of course the best month (Lincoln would agree with me). It's been an interesting year, and it will continue to be for 5 more months, but we are hanging in there! :)

We went to Grandma Phister's on New Year's Eve. We got there about 8pm. The kids are right at home every time we walk in the door. Honestly, I think Baley is the one they love the most. (Hopefully she'll live long enough for Aurora to remember her!) After the kids were in bed I got to puzzle with my mom and dad for a couple hours. I loved it. They are some wonderful people. I'm sure grateful I'm their daughter. I just hope me and Mike can be that awesome in 30 years;)

Anna and I met up at the mall and spent some time together with darling Hazel on New Year's Day. It was nice to spend some quality shopping time with my sister! I miss living close and having the luxury of just going out together. I love Anna Banana. I was so dang grouchy that whole morning and while we were shopping. I think I was just missing Mike. (I only had one hour left!) But while we were browsing, I found a gem! The cutest UP (yep, Pixar) shirt. Anna thought it was hilarious because my mood was lifted and I was so happy right after I bought that shirt. What can I say, shopping therapy is awesome! And the shirt was on sale, who wouldn't be happy?? :)   

We left the mall and drove to Salt Lake to pick up Daddy at airport!! What a reunion. We sure love being together, just the five of us. Daddy makes us complete. I haven't been the best mother while he's been gone, but he has a way to make everything better with his presence. And of course the kids love him more so they were in heaven!
 

When we got back to Grandma Phister's, Mike took Lincoln out on a date. They went to Alexander & the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. Daddy even let him get a kids popcorn movie tray. He was the cutest little boy when they got back and told me about it. He has missed his Daddy. I stayed home with the girls and hung out with Annica and her kids. It was fun to watch Max play with the girls. He is the perfect age for both of them. I love that the kids get awesome cousin time.

But the best was yet to come! The next day Mike and I ditched the kids at noon with my Mom (Anna was going to pick them up after work that night to sleep over at her house!) and we took off, just the two of us. We had almost a whole 24 hours kid-free! Dream right there;)  We went straight to the temple (ok no, we went straight to get a Dr Pepper, but that's beside the point). My mom gave us names of ancestors that she'd had for years that still needed to be sealed to their families, so that's what we got to do. It was a wonderful experience. And the newly rededicated Ogden Temple was absolutely gorgeous. It was wonderful to be there for the first time since it had been rededicated. (I was able to go to the open house with the kids, Ty, and my parents right before.) Then we drove to the Hilton in Layton and stayed there over night. What a wonderful time! Every single minute with my sweetheart is always a treasure. He even took me out for some delicious sushi at Osaka (where I was introduced to the Sunny roll with mango!!), that just happened to be right next door to the hotel so it was pretty much a perfect night.

Ironically we woke up at 6:55am to a baby screaming in the room right next to ours. What made it even more awesome... it was my birthday that morning. We had a good laugh about it and tried our best to sleep through the crying and the stomping of little tiny feet till about 9am. But even with that, best date ever. Temple. Sushi. A night with my sweetie alone. I'm in love all over again:)  It was a special birthday present. I hope our children in 30 years will watch us and want to be that awesome.

0 comments: