Sunday, January 25, 2015

God's Tender Mercies

Picture me yelling and grumping at my kids. Of course I am because it's Sunday morning, 8:30am, we just woke up, nobody is dressed, nobody has eaten, and Daddy is gone. I'm walking down the stairs and thinking the kids are going to have to eat cereal for breakfast because we have zero time, and the door bell rings. At first I'm thinking, "Who in the crap is coming over at this hour??" I opened the door to nobody and a mysterious bag a warm and delicious looking muffins.

Awe. My heart was softened. I was reminded at that very minute that God is looking out for us. Always. Whoever it was who made these muffins, I know they were inspired to choose us that particular morning at the particular time. I was so grateful to Heavenly Father in that moment. I was thankful for the reminder that He is aware of our needs at all times. 
Two things from this bag of muffins: #1, why am I not the one going out and making fresh muffins and brightening someone's Sunday morning? I need to get it together so I can be that person. Thank you mysterious muffiner! And #2, only in Utah would someone doorbell ditch freshly baked yummies at someone's house, just for that receiver to take them inside and eat those delicious muffins having no clue where they came from. Oh yes we did!:)

0 comments: