Sunday, January 18, 2015

Home With Daddy!

Aw...she is a darling (especially when she's sleeping!). She is now in the stage of getting out of her bed every night, grabbing a bucket for a stool to turn on the light, and playing till she falls asleep. We've tried taping the light switch and standing by her door and listening for her, but at least she's not taking her diaper off anymore. One step at a time with this one. 

A couple nights ago Auri woke up (which she hardly does) at 1:49am, so I changed her bum, have her a bottle and crawled back in bed. At 4am I heard a toy sing from her room. She'd been awake for over two hours and I had no idea!! Whoops. I'm an awesome Mommy these days.

While Daddy was still in town, we tried to spend as much time with him as possible. We tried out the new Pizza Pie place in the mall a couple times with Uncle Stevey and Grandpa. These girls are crazy about their Daddy!!

My first project with chalk paint. I love it! It's thick and I didn't have sand the crap out of this baby. I got this cute little shelf at a yard sale for $5. My favorite part about this was that my sweet little Sequoia helped me with it. She is an amazing and talented girl, I'm so happy she's mine.
Of course Auri couldn't let us have all the fun. She helped as well and increased my blood pressure. They also go hand in hand!
This is our next project. I got 4 of these babies at the DI in Vegas for $5 each! I found them with Annie and Susan during our fun mini getaway.  I was so dang excited. Let's see how they go!
I probably have about 50 of these cute little Auri selfies;)
These three are precious. We decided to watch Frozen one Sunday night after Sequoia and I finally made our Frozen wood craft we've had forever. I love spending time with her and craft. She is a special girl. While they watched the movie, each of them held their own little character doll. I love it!!

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

So cute. Yay for fun projects too

Stephanie Dirks said...

I have wanted to try my hand at chalk paint. I'm too nervous about the wax portion of the project. One day I will bite the bullet. It still is hard to believe how Sequoia is growing up. And that I've been moved away from you for two years. That should freeze the kids' growth. Your Aurora is so adorable!